Olga Mecking lives in Netherlands with her German husband and three trilingual children. She is a blogger, writer and translator. In this episode she shares with us how they brought up their trilingual children. She currently runs a blog about her life in Europe, raising children and travelling.
Her writings have been published on Scary Mommy, Mamalode and The Huffington Post. When not blogging or thinking about blogging, she can be found reading books, drinking tea or cooking.
We talked about
- Olga’s quick background and what she does for a living
- Where she learned her five languages, with focus on how she learned English
- What her blog is about and how it helps mothers to teach language
- How her kids learned three languages, with her first child now learning four languages (Dutch, German, English, Polish)
- Why she wants her kids to learn more than one language
- Challenges she faced when her kids were learning languages, and how she overcame them
- An important rule when raising bilingual kids
Keys to Success
- Reading is the beginning, kids need to practice more
Subscribe to Expand Your World Show
Remember a small change in a day is good enough, so be consistent in your adventure!